This page provides links to materials recently published or presented by the IFO. For additional publications and presentations, please see the Releases page. If you would like to be notified when new documents are posted to this website, please sign up for email alerts. Click here to add your address to the list.
The IFO will release FY 2016-17 revenue projections and conduct a public presentation on May 3, 2016.
Click here for additional information.
Recent reports and documents:
- Presentation on The Implications of Economic and Demographic Trends for State and Municipal Tax Policy made by Director Matthew Knittel at the Urban Economic Policy Conference sponsored by Drexel University and Econsult Solutions, Inc.
- Quarterly Revenue Review. This report compares actual revenues to IFO estimates for January through March 2016. Includes the General, Motor License and Lottery funds.
- Analysis of Revenue Proposals in the 2016-17 Executive Budget. The report provides IFO revenue estimates for the tax proposals contained in the 2016-17 Executive Budget released in February 2016.
- Economic Development Incentives. Details the economic development incentives offered by Pennsylvania and tabulates spending on these incentives.
- Monthly Trends Report for March 2016. Displays General Fund revenues and economic indicators. Prior reports can be viewed by selecting the "Releases" tab.
- Presentation on Demographic and Economic Trends for Pennsylvania's Older Residents made by Director Matthew Knittel to the House Aging and Older Adult Services Committee.
- Presentation on The Implications of an Aging Populace for the State Budget made by Director Matthew Knittel at the Pennsylvania Budget Summit sponsored by the Pennsylvania Budget and Policy Center.
- Natural Gas Production Report. This report for last half of 2015 and the full calendar year uses data collected by the PA Department of Environmental Protection to develop statewide and county-level tabulations of production volume and well counts.
- Pennsylvania Economic & Revenue Update. The testimony and background materials submitted to the House and Senate Appropriations Committees in preparation for the IFO's budget hearing.
- Impact Fee Update. This research brief projects CY 2015 impact fee collections (to be remitted in April 2016) and estimates the corresponding annual average effective tax rate.
- Economic and Budget Update. Director Matthew Knittel made a presentation to the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce on January 29, 2016.
- Five-Year Economic and Budget Outlook: Fiscal Years 2015-16 to 2020-21. Updated January 27, 2016.
- Shared-Risk Pension Analysis. Statutorily required report analyzing the implementation of the shared-risk pension provisions introduced by Act 120 of 2010.
- Raising the Minimum Wage in Pennsylvania. This research brief examines a proposal from the FY 2015-16 Executive Budget to raise the state minimum wage from $7.25 to $10.10 per hour.