Welcome to the Home page of the Independent Fiscal Office (IFO). This page provides links to materials recently published or presented by the IFO. For a complete listing of publications and presentations made during the past year, please see the Releases page. If you would like to receive e-mails from the IFO when new documents are posted to this website, please sign up for our e-mail alerts. Click here to add your address to the list.
- Budget hearing materials submitted to the House and Senate Appropriation Committees for the IFO's hearings.
- Monthly Economic Report for March 2015 is now available on the "Releases" tab.
- Revenue Trends Report for March 2015. Prior months are available on the "Releases" tab.
- Briefing on Pension Liabilities. Presentation to the Town Hall Meeting on Pension Reform by Deputy Director Mark Ryan.
- School property tax rebate estimates. This letter provides estimates for a potential proposal to give homestead owners school property tax rebates up to the statewide average school property tax paid.
- State and Local Taxes: A Comparison Across States. This report examines how Pennsylvania's state and local tax structure compares to other states.
- Impact Fee Update. This research brief provides an estimate of CY 2014 impact fee revenues and the corresponding annual average effective tax rate.
- Pennsylvania Gaming Trends. This research brief examines tax revenue trends for casino and pari-mutuel gaming and net profit trends for the lottery.
- Budget and economic outlook update. Presentation to the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce by Director Matthew Knittel.
- Mid-Year Update to the IFO’s revenue estimate for FY 2014-15.
- Quarterly Revenue Review for the fourth quarter of 2014. Compares actual revenues to IFO estimates.
- School property tax forecast - updated for fiscal years 2013-14 through 2019-20.
- Fiscal Implications of a York County School District Consolidation.
- Pennsylvania's Economic & Budget Outlook: Fiscal Years 2014-15 to 2019-20.
- State Economic Comparison. This research brief uses new data to examine the performance of the Pennsylvania economy and four adjacent states over a ten-year period.
- Quarterly revenue estimates for fiscal year 2014-15. Includes the General Fund, Motor License Fund and Lottery Fund.