Welcome to the Home page of the Independent Fiscal Office (IFO). This page provides links to materials recently published or presented by the IFO. For a complete listing of publications and presentations made during the past year, please see the Releases page. If you would like to receive e-mails from the IFO when new documents are posted to this website, please sign up for our e-mail alerts. Click here to add your address to the list.
ANNOUNCEMENT: The IFO's annual presentation on the Commonwealth's five-year economic and budget outlook will be held on Thursday, November 13 at 1:30 p.m. Click here for details.
- The Quarterly Revenue Review for the third quarter of 2014 (July through September) is available.
- The Revenue Trends Report for September 2014 is available. Prior months are available on the "Releases" tab.
- The Monthly Economic Report for September 2014 is available. Prior months are available on the "Releases" tab
- State Economic Comparison is a research brief that uses new data to examine the performance of the Pennsylvania economy and four adjacent states over a ten year period.
- Fiscal Year 2014-15 Quarterly Revenue Estimates for the General Fund, Motor LIcense Fund and Lottery Fund are available.
- Documents related to the IFO's June 16 official revenue estimate are available:
- IFO Director Matthew Knittel recently made a presentation to the Pennsylvania Business Council discussing the impact of demographics on the Pennsylvania economy.
- A report entitled Natural Gas Extraction: An Interstate Tax Comparison is available.
- A report entitled The Pennsylvania Lottery: Historical Data and Interstate Comparisons is available. The report examines historical sales and profit data for the PA Lottery and provides comparisons to other states.
- Pennsylvania's Economic & Budget Outlook: Fiscal Years 2013-14 to 2018-19 is available.