Welcome to the Home page of the Independent Fiscal Office (IFO). This page provides links to materials recently published or presented by the IFO. For a complete listing of publications and presentations made during the past year, please see the Releases page.
E-Mail Alerts Available - If you would like to receive e-mails from the Independent Fiscal Office when new documents are posted to this website, please sign up for our e-mail alerts. Click here to add your address to the list.
- Pennsylvania's Economic & Budget Outlook: Fiscal Years 2013-14 to 2018-19 is now available.
- The Revenue Trends Report for October 2013 is available. Prior months are available on the "Releases" tab.
- An analysis of the school property taxes paid by homeowners age 70 and older is available. The analysis contains a preliminary assessment of data pertaining to the long-term costs of a school property tax freeze for those homeowners.
- The IFO's report entitled Analysis of Proposal to Replace School Property Taxes: House Bill 76 and Senate Bill 76 is now available.
- Director Matthew Knittel's economic outlook presentation to the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) is available here.
- A report entitled An Analysis of Michigan Property Tax Reform is available. The report illustrates the impact of the 1994 reform on Michigan tax revenues, millage rates, per pupil funding levels and the property tax base.
- The IFO projected the school property taxes paid by Pennsylvania homesteads. A copy of the memo is available here.
- The 2013 Tax Comparison study, which calculates total state and local tax burdens for all states, is available here.
- The IFO's quarterly revenue estimates for FY 2013-14 are available here.