2015 Reports and Analysis:
- State and Local Taxes: A Comparison Across States (March 2015).
The report examines how Pennsylvania's state and local tax structure compares to other states. It uses data published by the U.S. Census Bureau and the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis to make comparisons.
2014 Reports and Analysis:
- Letter updating the IFO's forecast of school property tax collections for FY 2013-14 through FY 2019-20 (December 2014).
- Fiscal Implications of a York County School District Consolidation (December 2014).
The report provides potential consolidation savings and costs for 15 York County school districts and computes the real estate tax millage using various earned income tax rates and administrative savings scenarios.
- Natural Gas Extraction: An Interstate Tax Comparison (March 2014).
The report provides an interstate comparison of the taxes or fees that would be levied on an unconventional gas well, or the gas extracted from such a well, over its lifetime under four production / price scenarios.
2013 Reports and Analysis:
IFO Revenue Estimates:
- Mid-year update for FY 2014-15
- Five-Year Economic and Budget Outlook (November 2014)
- FY 2014-15 quarterly revenue estimates for the General Fund, Motor LIcense Fund and Lottery Fund (August 2014)
- FY 2014-15 official estimate and FY 2013-14 estimate revisions (June 2014)
- Previously published estimates are available upon request (firstname.lastname@example.org).
IFO Budget Hearing Testimony:
- House and Senate Appropriations Committees (February 2014)