2016 Reports and Analysis:
- Letter responding to a request from Representatives Gingrich and Grove to examine the fiscal implications of Executive Order 2016-02 (May 2016).
2015 Reports and Analysis:
- Shared-Risk Pension Analysis (December 2015).
This letter provides a statutorily required report analyzing the implementation of the shared-risk pension provisions introduced by Act 120 of 2010.
- Testimony by Director Matthew Knittel regarding changes to the personal income and sales taxes proposed in the Executive Budget. The information was presented at a public hearing conducted by the Senate Finance Committee (June 2015).
- Testimony by Director Matthew Knittel regarding a proposed severance tax . The information was presented at a public hearing conducted by the Senate Environmental Resources and Energy and Finance Committees (June 2015).
- Letter discussing issues that should be considered when evaluating a potential state-level tax on the transfer of securities (May 2015).
- Analysis of revenue proposals in the 2015-16 Executive Budget (April 2015).
- Letter discussing the effect of Act 1, which uses an index to limit the ability of school districts to increase real property millage rates (April 2015).
- Letter providing estimates for a potential proposal to give homestead owners school property tax rebates equal to the statewide average school property tax paid (March 2015).
- State and Local Taxes: A Comparison Across States (March 2015).
The report examines how Pennsylvania's state and local tax structure compares to other states. It uses data published by the U.S. Census Bureau and the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis to make comparisons.
2014 Reports and Analysis:
- Letter updating the IFO's forecast of school property tax collections for FY 2013-14 through FY 2019-20 (December 2014).
- Fiscal Implications of a York County School District Consolidation (December 2014).
The report provides potential consolidation savings and costs for 15 York County school districts and computes the real estate tax millage using various earned income tax rates and administrative savings scenarios.
- Natural Gas Extraction: An Interstate Tax Comparison (March 2014).
The report provides an interstate comparison of the taxes or fees that would be levied on an unconventional gas well, or the gas extracted from such a well, over its lifetime under four production / price scenarios.
2013 Reports and Analysis:
Effective with the July 2015 report, the Monthly Economic Report has been discontinued and the contents merged into the Monthly Trends Report.
FY 2015-16 - The Monthly Revenue Report has been discontinued and the contents merged into the Monthly Trends Report.
IFO Revenue Estimates and Outlook:
- FY 2016-17 official estimate and FY 2015-16 estimate revision (June 2016).
- Analysis of Revenue Proposals in the FY 2016-17 Executive Budget (April 2016).
- Appropriations Committee hearing materials (February 2016).
- Five-Year Economic and Budget Outlook: FY 2015-16 to 2020-21 (Updated January 2016).
- Five-Year Economic and Budget Outlook: FY 2015-16 to 2020-21 (December 2015).
- FY 2015-16 quarterly revenue estimates for the General Fund, Motor License Fund and Lottery Fund (September 2015).
- FY 2015-16 official estimate and FY 2014-15 estimate revisions (June 2015).
- Analysis of Revenue Proposals in the FY 2015-16 Executive Budget (April to September 2015).
- Updated document (September 2015) includes a technical appendix that provides additional detail and discussion regarding the assumptions used for the analysis.
- Sales and use and personal income tax testimony and data tables prepared for a public hearing of the Senate Finance Committee.
- Severance tax testimony and data tables prepared for a public hearing of the Senate Finance and Environmental Resources and Energy Committees.
- Article from Forbes Energy (August 2015) regarding the potential incidence of the proposed severance tax.
- IFO's response to the Forbes Energy article.
- A Wall Street Journal article ("In New England, Shale Gas Is Hard to Get," September 30, 2015) discusses the pent-up demand for natural gas in New England. Content available to subscribers only.
- Five-Year Economic and Budget Outlook: FY 2014-15 to 2019-20 (November 2014).
- Previously published estimates are available upon request (email@example.com).